De-ozonation system: UV systems for Ozone destruction in Pharmaceutical process water
Ozone is used in many water treatment applications from swimming pools to Ultrapure Water for pharmaceutical or microelectronics production. Whilst being and effective disinfectant, ozone has characteristics which can lead to problems:
- Ozone itself is highly toxic and dangerous to handle
- Ozone can react with chemical species in the water to form carcinogenic chemicals
Aquionics UV systems utilise powerful, low wavelength, ultraviolet light to destroy bacteria and other microorganisms without the use of chemicals. This make your process simpler, extends the life of your RO or EDI membranes. In addition, Aquionics UV systems are easy to install, have very simple maintenance requirements, and therefore low running costs Pharmaceutical and healthcare products require production facilities of the utmost quality. Water used for product, and for CIP must be free of pathogens, and chemicals such as chlorine and ozone.
Aquionics UV systems help provide water to the highest possible standards as demanded by regulatory bodies such as FDA quality procedures including Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
Understanding the Power of UV Technology
The best solutions are good for everyone. So, we don’t just offer clever technology. We make a difference. For you, your clients, and consumers. Aquionics UV systems:
- Provide chemical-free disinfection
- Remove chlorine
- Are clean and safe, with no side effects or residue
- Are compact and easy to install
- Are simple and inexpensive to maintain
- Are backed by Aquionics’s global support network
The solution pharma demands
With this much flexibility, it’s no surprise that our UV systems sterilise everything from production lines and packaging facilities to water intakes and header tanks.
- Fully automated with failsafe mechanisms
- Compatible with CIP procedures
- Less capital intensive, with lower running costs than other technologies
- Effective against all known microorganisms
- Continuous monitoring and treatment records
- All systems include disinfection chamber, Arc tube, Control/Power Supply Cabinet, UV Monitor and option for Automatic Wiper.